MedRisk Publishes White Paper “Patient-centered Strategies for Better Outcomes”
Research shows that patient-centered treatment improves outcomes in physical medicine. MedRisk examines these findings in its new white paper, “Patient-centered Strategies for Better Outcomes.”
The paper highlights several studies on patient-centered approaches to physical therapy and their positive impacts on clinical outcomes and patient experience. These include:
- Evidence-based treatment guidelines that are detailed enough to account for severity, chronicity and comorbidities.
- Proactive, peer-to-peer clinical collaboration on treatment strategies.
- Patient education and advocacy in advance of treatment and during the episode of care.
- Patient-to-provider matching services that take injury type, outcomes and the patient’s unique needs and preferences into consideration.
- Integrated telerehabilitation services.
The free white paper is available at http://www.medrisknet.com/physical-medicine-guide/
Based in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, MedRisk is the largest managed care organization dedicated to the physical rehabilitation of injured workers. One of the Inc. 5,000 fastest growing privately held companies for 11 consecutive years, MedRisk counts over 117,000 providers in its network and serves almost 500,000 injured workers every year. It holds direct contracts with more than 80 percent of the nation’s top workers’ compensation insurers and third-party administrators. MedRisk, which has successfully completed a SSAE 16 Type II examination, ensures high quality care and delivers outstanding customer service. To that end, all customer service professionals, healthcare advocates and physical therapists are based in the U.S. For more information, visit www.medrisknet.com or call 800-225-9675.