A casual visitor who browses the MedRisk Portal is not required to reveal any personally identifiable information, such as name, address, or telephone number, nor is such information collected passively by electronic means. In order to use Portal products and services, however, registration is required, which entails the visitor to disclose personally identifiable information and customer information.
Portal servers collect other information such as the make of a visitor’s browser software and the Internet domain name of the location from which the visitor enters. This information helps us diagnose technical problems and manage our sites by tracking user interests.
The primary reason that we collect and maintain customer information and other personally identifiable information is to serve visitors and to administer our customer relationships. We may collect this information from a variety of sources and for a number of reasons:
- Information visitors specifically provide to us, such as personally identifiable information visitors provide to us in the registration process to help us identify visitors and to help us prevent unauthorized persons from accessing customer information and other personally identifiable information and the products and services that we make available to specific visitors for their use.
- Information about transactions by visitors as part of the Portal products and services, or other visitor experiences with MedRisk, such as the information we receive when a visitor requests that we schedule an appointment.
- Log files, where we track information about each visitor’s usage of the Portal’s products and services. We use this information as follows:
- To analyze trends;
- To administer the products and services;
- To track statistical information about how visitors use the Portal’s products and services; and
- To gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- To gather information to improve MedRisk’s products and services, from time to time we may request information from visitors via voluntary participation in surveys or market research activities. The information that we request may include contact information (such as name and business address), and demographic information (such as ZIP code).